What file formats do you accept?
- You can submit your files in .csv or .xml format.
Do I have to use your field header names?
- Yes. Column headers in your CSV export file must match Viewpost’s specified column headers exactly. XML fields and values are case sensitive.
What if I don’t want to use some of the optional fields?
- Optional column headers may be excluded from your CSV or XML export file.
What can I name the file?
- Filenames of export files can be defined by the user. We recommend users select a filename that indicates type and timestamp such as payments_01012015.csv.
How will I know if the file was uploaded successfully?
- You will receive an acknowledgement file from Viewpost with a summary of the upload results.
Is there a place I can do some testing?
- Yes. Viewpost has a sandbox environment for testing. You can find additional details here.
What should I do with the acknowledgement file?
- You should review all acknowledgement files to ensure the success/failure of all records uploaded.
What will the acknowledgement file look like?
- The acknowledgement file provided by Viewpost will follow this naming convention: TimeStamp.ClientFileName.FileFormat.Status.ack Where:
- TimeStamp is YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM_SS_<fraction of second>
- ClientFileName is the name of the file uploaded by the user
- FileFormat will be “csv” or “xml” depending on the format of the original file uploaded
- Status will be “processed” or “rejected” depending on whether the file as a whole has been accepted by the application. Please note a “processed: file may still contain errors