Vendors will have dollar thresholds in place for processing cards. These limits are often:
- Dollar limits to keep the merchant fee lower
- We can set a dollar threshold on a per vendor basis, so that any cards above that dollar amount will be sent via paper check.
- Ex. Their payment limit is $10K. We will send them a $5K card, so they can get paid swiftly, and the remaining $5K via paper check as their preference indicated.
- Daily limits allowed by their merchant service provider, for security reasons.
- If a vendor swipes lots of cards in a day they may exceed their daily limit and need to wait until tomorrow to process.