Viewpost is a third party offering through Bank of America, and other bank partners.
It can be found in Business Services, on your online banking. It is intended to be an easy self enrollment process. Click here for registration work flow.
What does Viewpost not do?
- Internal Transfers between savings and checking accounts, family accounts
- International payments (Domestic Only)
- Wires with guaranteed delivery date
- Payroll (withholdings)
- Push or Pull ACH- Entering the other company's routing and account number (like Direct Pay)
- Bill pay for electronic payments to unregistered users
- Add a button to your website to click and pay
Who is Viewpost best for:
- Companies making payment (Paying Independent Contractors, Distributors, Franchises)
- Companies receiving payments (Property Managers, Residential Service Providers, Transporters)
Making electronic payments:
- Not all banks are eligible for electronic payments via Viewpost, and paper check will be the only option.
- Both parties need to be registered and connected on Viewpost
- Once you register you can invite the other company to register by going to the Network Tab and 'Adding New Company' to invite them to join Viewpost. If you are inviting an independent contractor or consultant, enter their first and last name as the company name.
- Both parties register their respective bank accounts
- We do not yet support the ability to enter someone else’s routing and account number and push an ACH like Direct Pay
- Payment timelines depend on the receiving bank which can vary days
- Payments to partner banks can take 1 business day, while electronic payments to all other banks take a standard five business days. You will see this timeline before issuing a payment
- Payments submitted to companies or people not registered on Viewpost will go as paper checks
- Credit card payments are available through an integration with Stripe
- When enrolling, Viewpost asks if you are receiving payments from Businesses Consumers or both.
- If you are invoicing consumers, they will not need to 'register' for Viewpost, but they will need to enter their own banking information.
- Once you enable this feature, you will invoice businesses and consumers the same way. They will see a modal to select if they are a person paying a business or business paying a business.
- When you invoice a business via Viewpost, they get an invitation to 'register and pay' their invoice.
- Once they have added their banking information, they may set up auto pay for recurring payments.
- The website does not allow you to set up auto withdrawal on their behalf.
- If you need to stop an electronic payment, stop payment with the bank. Provide: Check number, payee, and dollar amount. Most electronic payments to Bank of America accounts are Image Cash Letter payments, which is similar to stopping a paper check.
- If a payment is returned, please check with both banks for reasoning. If a payment failed for any reason it would need to be reissued. Viewpost does not retry payments