Viewpost supports Multiple Companies and Multiple Accounts.
How do you decide which is right for you?
Follow the instructions below to set up Multiple Companies if:
- You own separate businesses and file separate tax returns
- You use separate bank accounts per company
- Keep your bills/invoices/payments separated by company
- Distinguish trading partners/networks per company
- Set up permissions distinct to each company
Follow this link for instructions on how to Set up Multiple Accounts if:
- One of your trading partners bills you on multiple accounts (and they have this specialized feature turned on)
- Your businesses share the same trade name or have simply multiple locations
- Your bills/invoices/payments for all locations are usually combined, and you want to see them that way.
- You are a single company sharing trading partners/network.
- Set up one level of permissions and add one bank account
Switch Companies is a great feature if you operate multiple companies.
If your businesses uses the same bank account, or operate with one EIN number, as a single entity, even with varied locations, this feature may not be the best fit.
- Use one email address to access multiple companies.
- Network with company specific customers and vendors.
- Register business bank accounts on respective Viewpost accounts.
Below you will find instructions for Switching Companies:
1) Sign in to Viewpost -Select 'Switch Companies'
2. Select 'Create Company' Enter the Name, click the terms and 'Create Company'
3. Your new company will appear with the other companies you created.
4. Each time you log in, you will be logged in to whatever company you set as your Default. To switch companies, simply select 'Switch Companies' choose the company you want to transact with and begin.
To set a company as the Default Company, select the 3 dots on the right hand side, and 'Set Default Company'
*In order to transact with a business on Viewpost each of your 'Companies' needs to be connected to the business you are working with. Go to the Network tab, to get connected. Complete registration of your new company by registering your corresponding bank account.