Credit card payments are a convenient way to exchange funds.
Stripe is our merchant card service provider. Click here to learn more about Stripe.
The Stripe fee for credit card transactions is incurred by the company receiving the funds.
To Receive credit card payments via Viewpost:
*If you enable credit card payments it will look like the preferred method of payment to the person receiving your invoice. On the invoice it will clearly allow them to enter their credit card number, where as paying with a bank account will require them to register for Viewpost.
For best results, do these steps before sending an invoice to a customer.
- Select your Company Name from the upper right hand corner
- Select Payment Methods
- Select 'Enroll' next to Accept Credit Card Payments
- Fill out the Stripe Registration form (If you already have a Stripe account you may just sign in)
- Once you have submitted the completed form your Viewpost account should read 'Connected to Stripe'
- The person sending a credit card payment does not have to register for Viewpost, or enroll in Stripe, but you do need to enable them to pay via credit card on the Network tab. (See Below)
You are now enabled to accept credit card payments.
Now select the customers you are willing to accept credit card payments from.
Follow the steps below to enable a customer to pay via credit card:
- Select the Network Tab
- Select the Company Name of the Customer you wish to include
- Select 'Edit Customer'
- Check the box to 'Accept Credit Card Payments' from this customer and 'Update'
Next time you send them an invoice, they will have the option to pay via credit card.
To Send credit card payments via Viewpost:
When your vendor has enabled you to pay via credit card, you will see credit card as a payment option. If you do not see this option, contact the company who sent you the invoice to follow the steps above.
Click through the email Invoice.
If you don't have a Viewpost account, simply enter your credit card information on the invoice page.
If you do have a Viewpost account follow the steps below:
- Approve and Pay (which pushes the invoice in to your Payment Queue)
- Select 'Credit Card' from the drop down menu next to Payment Method
- This will prompt Credit Card Details to appear on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter the pertinent information (Card number, Expiration, and CVC code)
- Submit Payment
- The company or person sending a credit card payment does not have to register for Viewpost, or enroll in Stripe. (This view is that of a registered user. The experience for unregistered customers, and iPhone users does vary)
Payment is on the way!
Credit card payment criteria and timelines are determined by Stripe.
If you have any questions about credit card payments, please contact Stripe Customer Support here.