Viewpost offers discounting. You do not need to accept a discount, just because it was offered to you.
There are three ways for discounting to occur:
- Your Customer may offer early payment
- You may request it
- Viewpost may suggest it
If your customer offers early payment, you will receive an email indicating eligible invoices.
If you do nothing, you should get paid the full amount at normal cadence. No need to take action.
Want to get paid sooner for a small discount. What to expect:
- Click on the offer email
- Log in to Viewpost and select Invoices>Get Paid Early to view approved invoices, at recommended discount percentages and request.
- If you select 'Get Paid Early' You will get a payment notification when the payment has been 'sent'. You will get the money through normal bank processing times, or standard mail. This offer is to expedite the timing of the payment creation, but does not speed up bank processing times. If you don't have a bank account on Viewpost, the payment will go via paper check.
Don't want to get paid early:
- Do not click on the email, ignore it. Your customer should pay you on or around the due date you agreed upon.
- If you accidentally clicked on the request, you may log in, navigate to 'Early Pay Requests' and cancel it. Some customers have an auto pay feature in place, so if you don't want the discount, please cancel as soon as possible.
Have no interest in receiving offers, remove those email offers in your email preferences:
- Select Personal Settings
- Email Preferences
- Uncheck the box that says Early Pay Notifications
If you do not get these emails, and do not take action on them, the discount will diminish and your customer should pay the full amount on the due date.
Payment timelines will be consistent after the payment was initiated. This feature is to expedite payment terms only. (Ex. You have an invoice due in 30 days, your customer can pay you on the 10 day at a lesser amount. This is similar to 2/10 net 30 if you are familiar with that)
When creating an invoice the option to add a discount is available to you on the second screen.
When you ask to get paid early for a discount, your customer:
- Has approx. 72 hours to take advantage of the offer.
- Does not have to take advantage of the offer. Every customer has the autonomy to pay anytime, regardless of requests, or terms.
1) To ask for early payment before an invoice is sent, create an invoice, select 'Save & Preview'
2. Turn on Early Pay Discount. Use the % or sliding scale to set the terms you want to offer your customer, and send the invoice.
3. After you have sent the invoice, you will see requests differentiated on the list view.
Sent an invoice with agreed upon terms, but need the money sooner?
Ask for early payment, by logging in to Viewpost and following the steps below:
- Select Invoices
- Select Get Paid Early
- Select the invoices you want to get paid early on, one or many
4. Your customer receives notification you would like to get paid early.
5. When you receive payment, early or on the invoice due date you will receive a payment notification email, and can view payment details on the Payments>Received page.
** If necessary, you may cancel the request before payment is submitted. **
For customer instructions on creating discount tables click here.