Two files are required to automate checks and credit card payments through Viewpost:
- Vendor File - Basic address book data that adds and/or updates vendor records in Viewpost so vendors may connect with you on the network.
- Payment Command File - Instructs Viewpost to send payment to a specified supplier. Payments are delivered in one of three ways:
- Credit Card - Vendors with a valid email address, who are enrolled in epayables, and can process the payment as a credit card transaction.
- Digital Payment - Vendors who are not enrolled in epayables and have added a bank account on Viewpost.
- Paper Check - Vendors who are not enrolled in epayables, have not added a bank account or are not registered for Viewpost.
Specifications and sample files have been included as attachments below.
Assess Your Payment Process
When creating your files, be sure to review your vendor list and payment process to determine if any exclusions are necessary. The following scenarios are not currently supported on the Viewpost platform and will need to be handled outside of Viewpost.
- Non-USD Currency
- Non-US Remit To Address
- Checks that Require Enclosures
- Overnight Checks
Payment Command Specifications
Viewpost currently supports Payment Command 1.0 requirements if you prefer to self onboard. Support for Payment Command 2.0 with additional Viewpost engagement is also available now.