You may choose to upload your files manually through the web on https://app.viewpost.com or automate the transmission of payments directly from your accounting package. To enable your account for file upload, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your Company Name, Registered Email Address, and preferred upload method (Secure Web, SFTP, or API).
Secure Web Upload
Once you have created your files and completed Viewpost registration, simply log-in to Viewpost, navigate to Sync in your company name dropdown, click Choose File, and select the file that you would like to send to Viewpost. Your file will then be processed by Viewpost.
Automate Payments through Secure FTP
If you would like to automate your file directly from your accounting system, or upload a file manually using an FTP client, Viewpost supports SFTP (Secure Shell FTP) to securely transfer your payment command file.
SFTP Connection Details:
- Endpoint: transfer.viewpost.com
- Port: 22
- Username: Provided to you by Viewpost
- SSHKey: Private and Public Key Pairing
- IP Addresses: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Host Fingerprint: 00:49:35:b0:2a:fd:e6:b2:83:05:6f:5e:36:2e:0d:b0
- Inbox (Drop files that you want Viewpost to process in this location)
- Outbox (Retrieve acknowledgement files from Viewpost in this location)
- Test (Test out connectivity with our servers, files dropped in this folder will NOT be processed by Viewpost)
Automate Payments through our API
Another way to automate sending files to Viewpost is to use our secure API endpoint. This is how it works:
- Viewpost will generate an API token and provide it securely to you.
- Use the API token in the authorization header (note that we prefix it with APIKey, paste it exactly how it was provided to you).
- Initiate a call by issuing a POST against https://api.viewpost.com/bulksyncsession with the csv or xml in the body of the request.
- In the initial response from Viewpost a URL to poll will be included in the location header, you will poll the URL with a GET.
- If a status of 200 is returned this means the file is still being processed.
- If a status of 201 is returned you will get a new URL in the location header.
- Finally if you perform a GET on this URL the response body will include the acknowledgement with the results of the file that was processed by Viewpost.
Step 4: Establish a process to review results returned by Viewpost.