You receive an email the moment a payment is sent via Viewpost, which is the start of payment processing.
Standard processing time for payments is 5 business days. If your bank account is registered on Viewpost, you don't need to do anything to move the money into your bank account.
There are 5 Viewpost Payment Methods
1) Paper Check- Arrives via USPS to the United States mailing address your customer sent it to. Can take 5-7 business days to arrive. Can be cashed just like any other paper check.
2) ACH- Electronic Payments take up to 5 business days to process, depending on your bank's agreement with Viewpost. Money will leave the sender's bank account when payment is sent, though it will take days to arrive in the recipient's bank account. In the interim both banks and Viewpost screen the payment for security and validity (funds availability, signature, check number in sequence, etc.). The time it takes your first payment to arrive is the same timeline it will take for subsequent payments to arrive.
3) ICL- Some banks offer faster processing for business checking accounts. These payments usually arrive within 24 hours. To maintain the speed of service these payments are bank to bank. If the funds have not yet arrived, or were visible in the account and then returned, please reach out to your bank for details.
To find out if your bank account is optimized for this service, please look at the Payment Methods page on Viewpost. If it says ICL Enabled, your bank offers the fastest payment timeline.
Which banks currently offer ICL via Viewpost?
- Bank of America
- U.S. Bank
- Fifth Third
This is not a feature you or your customer can request. Viewpost is integrating with new banks all the time. If your bank is not ICL Enabled, it may be in the future.
4) Credit Card- Stripe is our merchant service provider.
Receiving payments via credit card- log in to your Stripe Dashboard to view payments, and transfer timelines. Most payments take 2-3 days to arrive in an established bank account.
* First payment can take 10 days to process
** You created a Stripe account when you signed up to receive credit card payments. Log in to your Stripe account here.
5) Virtual Credit Card- Virtual card payments will come via email with the last digits of the card, details, payment amount, and remittance information. If you are missing the first digits of the card number please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org