There are 5 Viewpost Payment Methods
Not all banks are eligible for electronic payments via Viewpost, and paper check will be the only option.
1) Standard Electronic (ACH)- Payments can take up to 6 business days to process, depending on your bank's agreement with Viewpost. The processing timeline occurs as both banks and Viewpost screen the payment for security and validity (funds availability, signature, check number sequence, etc.). ACH deposits do not appear as 'Pending' in the bank account ahead of time. The time it takes your first payment to arrive is the same timeline it will take for subsequent payments to arrive.
2) Expedited Electronic (ICL)- Payments usually arrive within 24 hours to business bank accounts that are optimized for Image Cash Letter Service. To maintain the speed of service these payments are bank to bank. If the funds have not yet arrived within 24 hours, or were visible in the account and then returned, please reach out to your bank for details.
To find out if your bank account is optimized for this service, please look at the Payment Methods page on Viewpost. If it says ICL Enabled, your bank offers the fastest payment timeline.
Which banks currently offer ICL via Viewpost?
- Bank of America
- U.S. Bank
- Fifth Third
This is not a feature you or your customer can request from Viewpost, but may be available by request to the bank. Viewpost is integrating with new banks all the time.
3) Paper Check- Arrives via USPS to the United States mailing address your customer sent it to. Can take 5-7 business days to arrive. Can be cashed just like any other paper check.
4) Credit Card- Stripe is our merchant service provider.
Receiving payments via credit card- log in to your Stripe Dashboard to view payments, and transfer timelines. Most payments take 2-3 days to arrive in an established bank account.
* First payment can take 10 days to process
** You created a Stripe account when you signed up to receive credit card payments. Log in to your Stripe account here.
5) Virtual Credit Card- Virtual card payments will come via email with the last digits of the card, details, payment amount, and remittance information. If you are missing the first digits of the card number please reach out to us.