In order to send and receive electronic payments both parties need to:
- have a bank account verified on Viewpost
- be connected to each other
What Viewpost Payments Aren't: Viewpost is not a platform for direct deposits, wires, payroll, debits, or transferring funds between your bank accounts. Funds do not arrive instantaneously. The ability to enter someone's routing and account number and send them an ACH is not available. Each party registers their own banking information to transact.
What Viewpost Payments Are: The safe and secure way to send and receive payments. Viewpost sends payments 4 ways: Paper, ACH, ICL, Credit Cards. These payments can be for an invoice, or not. When you submit a payment via Viewpost, it doesn't ask you which method you want.
- Sender's bank is registered, recipient's bank is not registered, payment goes as a paper check. (Paper Check)
- Bank is registered payments will go electronically and take 5 business days to process (ACH).
- Bank registered is one of our partners, payments can arrive within 24 hours (ICL).
- Some banks offer faster processing for business checking accounts. These payments usually arrive within 24 hours. To maintain the speed of service these payments are bank to bank. This is not a feature you can request. Viewpost is integrating with new banks all the time. If your bank is not ICL Enabled, it may be in the future. To find out if your bank account is optimized for this service, please look at the Payment Methods page on Viewpost. If it says ICL Enabled, your bank offers the fastest payment timeline.
- Bank is not registered, and recipient opted to receive credit card payments through Stripe (Credit Cards). For more information on Stripe and credit card payments click here.
How to send an electronic payment via Viewpost
- Register your account
- Invite the company/contractor you wish to pay (via Network Tab)
- They set up their account (which will include banking information)
- Verify they have set up their bank account (see the method the payment will go)
- Send the payment
- Going forward all payments will be sent electronically at the same delivery time frame as the first
Click here for payment processing details.